How to dry basil: Wash and thoroughly dry basil leaves and place onto a paper towel lined plate. Cover with another paper towel, then top with another plate. Place heavy items on top of the plate stack (remember to check for any hot spots in your microwave first). Microwave until slightly crispy, 60-90 seconds. Let cool completely before transferring into an airtight container or baggie.
5 cups fresh basil leaves
1) Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
2) Combine all ingredients except for olive oil and garlic salt in a large bowl. Gently toss until well combined and evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
3) Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Spread out basil in an even layer on baking sheet.
4) Bake for approximately 3 hours, or until completely crispy and dry (note that it may take less time in a convection oven).
5) Cool before transferring to glass jar with lid; the oil will harden when cooled. Store dried leaves in sealed container away from light and moisture; use within 6-8 weeks for best flavor.