It’s time to clean your dorm room! If you have a small space, then it can be hard to find the best vacuum for a college apartment. You need something easy to store and lightweight, but also powerful enough to get all of the dirt and dust out of those nooks and crannies under your bed. In this blog post, we’ll show you our favorite vacuums for dorm rooms!
Finding a vacuum that is both affordable and powerful can be difficult to find. There are many different brands, models, and features that all contribute to the price of the product. These factors make it difficult for consumers to know which one is right for them. In this post, we will show you some of our favorite vacuums on the market with prices so you can find what works best for your needs!
At a Glance:
We’ll provide more information on vacuums on behalf of my team’s research. My team visit the university and specially asked the college students who used to live in the hostel about their apartment cleaning. So we pick up some best cleaners which can be very beneficial for you. And one more thing that I have to tell you that, the No#3 and No#4 vacuum cleaner that I use myself to clean my house.
- Our Recommendations for Best Vacuum for College Dorm Rooms
- BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- Bissell Zing Canister, Vacuum
- Shark ZU62 Navigator Vacuum
- BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
- Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum
- Eureka Vacuum Cleaner
- eufy by Anker , Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Summary for Best Vacuum for College Dorm Rooms
- Buying Guide
- Other Factors Must Also Watch Before Buying The Vacuum
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Recommendations for Best Vacuum for College Dorm Rooms
BLACK+DECKER dustbuster Handheld Vacuum
- It offers a great job at removing dirt from the carpet. It removes crumbs off of the couch, chair, or bed.
- It also has a long enough cord so there are never any issues with needing an outlet nearby when using it.
- Cordless – no need to worry about having enough outlets.
- Two-in-one crevice tool and dusting brush for quick touchups.
- Includes 12V car charger adapter, wall-mountable charging base, and a recharger that plugs.
This cordless, handheld vacuum was designed specifically for small homes or apartments. It has a flexible design with an easy-to-grip handle that makes it great for hard-to-reach spots and furniture surfaces like the couch cushions and dark corners behind your fridge. Black + Decker has a 16V MAX Lithium-Ion Dust buster’s cyclonic power system, a motorized brush roll, and a 13.0v lithium-ion battery that delivers the maximum suction job.
Buyers like that it is lightweight with powerful suction for quick clean-ups! It’s great because you don’t have to worry about cords getting in your way or anything being too heavy when you’re trying. This device is also lightweight which means you can easily carry a Black & Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum.
One of our favorite products for college students has got to be the Black & Decker Dustbuster handheld vacuum. The hand-held design makes it easy to carry around with you from room to room without having a bulky appliance weighing down your backpack or purse. It also has a large, 20-volt battery so you don’t have to worry about it running out in the middle of vacuuming.
- lightweight, cordless design for convenience and portability; powerful suction
- The compact size is perfect for students living in small apartments with little storage space. It is great for quick clean-ups and also for larger tasks
- Very affordable
- It i’s easy to hold, use, and clean
- It is not a versatile vacuum cleaner for all surfaces and uses. It’s perfect for quick cleanups but doesn’t expect to use this in your dorm room as the sole means of cleaning up crumbs or spilled milk from cereal
Black & Decker Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum is one of our favorite products for college students because it has powerful suction that easily maneuvers around furniture or other obstacles. The best intelligent design, so it’s easy to hold, use, and clean.
Bissell Zing Canister, Vacuum
- Brush roller to pick up pet hair and debris from carpets, rubberized wheels for hardwood floors “The Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum”
- Lightweight vacuuming capabilities make it perfect for small spaces like dorm rooms.
- Lightweight, cordless, easy to maneuver around small spaces like dorm rooms or apartments. Comes with attachments for stairs and upholstery.
- Has a 15-foot long cord that is perfect for large areas such as college campus.
- Comes with an extra-large dust cup where you can throw all the dirt. Strong suction and quality design.
This product is great for someone looking to clean up pet hair. The Bissell Zing vacuum is a canister that comes with an upholstery tool, crevice tool, and turbo brush.
The cordless design makes it easy to clean in tight spaces or go through the house without getting snagged on cords. It has a great suction capability which will make cleaning easier for someone who wants to clean up upholstery, stairs, or car interiors.
The Bissell Zing Canister also comes with a long 15-foot power cord so you can clean without worrying about using up the battery and being stuck in an awkward spot. The Bissell Zing is lightweight, but still has the power of a full-size vacuum.
The Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum is lightweight and easy to move around your home which makes it ideal for small spaces like dorm rooms or apartments. It also has an attachment that can be used on stairs, upholstery, and others. Easily transition from furniture to hardwood floor with the touch of a button.
It comes with an extra-large dust cup, so you don’t have to worry about the dirt clogging up your vacuum before you are finished cleaning. This product would be great for college students.
The Bissell Zing canister vacuum is made of durable plastic and metal. This product comes with a five-year limited warranty on all parts that are not under normal wear and tear or misuse.
This product is not only for college students but great for anyone with pets and kids because of the no-scratch bristles on the nozzle part that clean your furniture. The rewind cord also makes storage so much easier !!!.
- This vacuum is lightweight and easy to move around your home which makes it ideal for small spaces like dorm rooms or apartments.
- It also has an attachment that can be used on stairs, upholstery, and other surfaces so you don’t have to limit the cleaner’s use just because of where you are vacuuming.
- So versatile, more than one person can use it at the same time, easy to clean. The Bissell clean air filter traps 99% of dust and particles.
- Great on pet hair and bare floors.
- Dirt cup is not very big, doesn’t come with a wall plug-in.
The Bissell Zing vacuum is lightweight and compact, making it perfect for a college student who has limited space. The Bissell Zing canister also comes with an easy-to-use cord wrap so that you don’t have to leave cords around the room or worry about them getting tangled up on furniture.
Shark ZU62 Navigator Vacuum
- The other feature is the upholstery tool which is perfect for couches and carpets!
- It has high suction on carpets and hard floors.
- The cord is long enough to get under furniture. It has great features like a crevice tool for vases, a dusting brush, and pet hair tools.
- The Shark Navigator Zero-M Self-Cleaning Brushroll Pet Pro (ZU62) Upright Vacuum would be great for someone with allergies because the HEPA filter captures 99.97% of pollens, bacteria, and pet hair.
Does the Shark Navigator Have a Self-Clean? It can clean carpeted floors without having to get out the heavy upright vacuum. The Shark Navigator Vacuum is perfect for a college student because it’s lightweight and has powerful suction which can clean up any mess.
Another feature of the vacuum that makes this a great choice for your dorm or apartment is that it comes with an extra-long 12-foot power cord so you don’t have to worry. Does the Shark Navigator have a self-cleaning brush? Yes, it has a self-cleaning brush roll that is designed to pick up pet hair and dirt.
The Shark Navigator Zero-M Self-Cleaning Brushroll Pet Pro (ZU62) Upright Vacuum would be great for someone with allergies because the HEPA filter captures 99.97% of pollens, bacteria, and pet hair.
So the Shark Navigator has more features than any other vacuum cleaner on this list? Yes, it sure does! The Vacuum Cleaner’s power cord wraps up for easy.
The Shark Navigator is the ultimate canister vacuum for those looking to save space and clean up quick messes. Soft Carpet Bristles on the head of this upright vacuum are perfect for picking up dust, dirt, pet hair, and more from both hardwood floors or carpeted ones.
I used this vacuum cleaner to vacuum my living room and it took me less than 20 minutes. This is a canister vacuum that comes with two different floor attachments for hard floors or carpeted ones.I love this vacuum.
- It has the capacity to clean up messes with ease.
- HEPA filter traps more dust and allergens
- Washable filters can be rinsed off in the sink or dishwasher The suction is great on this vacuum cleaner, you will never have to worry about losing power because it comes equipped with a self-adjusting head that has the ability to pivot.
- The vacuum is also able to clean the stairs and small spaces with included accessories.
- The price is a little higher than similar models. If you have pets and need to clean up pet hair, this vacuum will do the job for you
The Shark Navigator is a great upright vacuum cleaner for those looking to save space and clean up quick messes. This pet owner’s best friend comes with plenty of features that make it one of our favorites on this list.
BISSELL Cleanview Swivel Vacuum Cleaner
- It is lightweight and has great battery life. The swivel head allows you to clean under furniture like couches, beds, etc without having to move them out of the way first. Its cordless design lets you clean in hard-to-reach places.
- It can clean from the baseboards up to high ceilings.
- The dustbin is easy to empty and holds a lot of dirt, hair, etc before needing to be emptied again.
- It comes with two different brushrolls for vacuuming carpets or bare floors without having to stop and change attachments (Replacement filter style 1214.
The Bissel Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum cleaner has a swiveling feature that allows you to easily clean under furniture. This vacuum is also bagless, so the filters can be washed and reused – saving time and money!
Bissell Cleanview Swivel Pet Upright Bagless Vacuum cleaner is a great pick for any home with pets. The Swivel steering feature lets you clean under furniture with ease and the bagless design means the filters can be washed and reused, saving time and money. This model features specialized pet tools for homes with pets.
The Bissel Cleanview has a swiveling head that is perfect if your home has lots of obstacles in tight spaces.
I used this Bissel Cleanview and found that it’s really good for cleaning up animal hair. I love the swivel head on this Bissel Cleanview vacuum cleaner! It’s so easy to get under things and around furniture without moving it all over the place. The fact that it is bagless is also a plus in my book.
The best thing about this pet vacuum cleaner is the swivel head. I’ve never seen an upright vacuum before that has ahead as this one does, and it’s really nice to be able to get around furniture without having to move everything out of the way first.
- Swivel Feature for under furniture -Bagless and easy to maintain filter
- It has amazing suction power
- t is very lightweight and can be carried around
- The filter of this vacuum cleaner lasts a long time before it needs to be replaced
- This upright vacuum can suck up pet hair
- Great for hardwood floors
- Very easy to maneuver
- The cord isn’t very long, so it can be difficult for some people to vacuum larger homes without an extension cord
Dyson Cyclone V10 Vacuum Cleaner
- The cyclone v-series has a patented ball technology that allows deep cleaning.
- With a motorized cleaner head for carpets and rugs, you can adjust the height for more versatility.
- The vacuum comes with a brush bar that has been updated to include more bristles for picking up hair and pet fur.
- It comes with a lifetime filter so you won’t have to worry about constantly purchasing filters.
- The vacuum is made of 100% recyclable materials.
Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Lightweight Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is also a great choice for those looking to save space. This vacuum is an absolute powerhouse that can clean up even the toughest messes without any issues and with no cord!
The Dyson cyclone v-series has a patented ball technology to ensure the vacuum head always stays in contact with your floor, ensuring deep cleaning. The crevice tool makes it easy to get into all those tight and hard-to-reach places while the precision trigger releases just enough airflow for delicate tasks like picking up pet hair from furniture or drapes.
- This vacuum is lightweight and cordless.
- It has long battery life.
- It is able to clean two rooms on one charge, so it saves time and energy.
- The vacuum head sits close to the floor for deep cleaning.
- This vacuum provides an overall clean and is also able to tackle pet hair.
- Specially designed to clean under furniture such as sofas and beds.
- The power button can be difficult to turn on at first, but the vacuum comes with directions that clearly explain how it works. You will have no problems after reading them carefully.
I found this to be a great vacuuming machine! The cyclone v-series has a patented ball technology to ensure the vacuum head always stays in contact with your floor and offers deep cleaning. The vacuum is easy to move around, has a low profile so it can clean under furniture, and even cleans the stairs.
It’s important to note, however, that this product will require frequent maintenance to a reach can college apartment regularly stay in top shape and keep it running smoothly over time.
Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum
- The Shark Navigator NV356E is lightweight so it’s easy to carry around your house when you need to move from room to room.
- It has a removable, washable HEPA filter that is great for trapping allergens.
- HEPA filter traps allergens easily.
- You don’t have to worry about replacing expensive bags because this vacuum has a bagless design with a lifetime limited warranty on the motor and brush roll.
This vacuum is perfect for pet owners. It is lightweight and has a wireless design that allows you to clean without being held down by the cord. The powerful suction provides great cleaning power on any surface inside your home, well. It is bagless, which means you don’t have to worry about buying and replacing costly bags.
The Shark Navigator NV356E will give your home a deep clean without the hassle of vacuuming for hours on end. The vacuum includes an automatic cord rewind that saves time by automatically winding up the power cord when it’s plugged.
The Shark Navigator NV356E is lightweight so it’s easy to carry around your house when you need to move from room to room.
- Lightweight vacuum cleaner
- It is best for tight places and furniture
- It is a bagless vacuum cleaner with a lifetime warranty on the motor and brush roll
- Great for hardwood, carpeting, or upholstery
- The suction might not be strong enough for larger spaces or more difficult tasks like pet hair removal from couches.
If you are looking for a lightweight, powerful, and strong enough vacuum cleaner, the Shark NV356E is for you. It has a simple switch of the brush roll; also ideal for furniture cleaning.
Eureka Vacuum Cleaner
- The filters are easily accessible, non-spillable, and washable so you can always have clean air around your home.
- It has a strong suction power which is perfect for hardwood floors or carpeting.
- The 0.55-liter dust cup is easy to remove and empty and the filter is easy to clean.
The washable filtration of the system of Eureka cleaner is also good. It has a high-performance, lightweight and ergonomic design which is the best vacuum for a college apartment. It is also compatible with most of the floor types.
Eureka is very ideal for cleaning your home; it has a powerful suction, which is perfect for hardwood floors and carpeting.
It also includes a HEPA filtration system that captures particles such as pet dander or dust mites so you can breathe in cleaner air.
However, the vacuum does not have any attachments to clean furniture or stairs due to its size. It can easily pick up dirt and dust from your floor.
Also, the Eureka Vacuum Cleaner has a high-performance lightweight design which is perfect for hardwood floors or carpeting. I also like this vacuum because it captures particles such as pet dander or dust mites so you can breathe in cleaner air.
- It is lightweight and easy to store.
- The filters are easily accessible, non-spillable, and washable so you can always have clean air around your home.
- It can easily pick up dirt and dust from your floor.
- Easy to access areas where traditional big vacuum cleaner may not reach.
- The cord is not long.
- It can be a little loud.
The Eureka Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for college dorms because it cleans your home and helps you breathe better air quality. It also has an easy-to-access design that makes it simple to clean up.
eufy by Anker , Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- It has one of the most powerful suction in its class, with an airflow rate of 110 CFM. Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85”) but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- It’s lightweight and compact, with a narrow head that can reach between tight spaces.
The Eufy RoboVac 11s is an update to one of our favorite budget models, the RoboVac 11, and delivers powerful, efficient cleaning performance.
This model is slim and fits under more furniture than most other models.
The 11s includes a remote control with voice activation for hands-free cleaning; this feature can also be used to plan your schedule in advance if you want to vacuum when no one’s home. It can suck up almost anything including pet hair, cereal crumbs, and ground-in dirt from tough carpeting.
If you’re looking for a budget model that’s efficient but not too expensive, the RoboVac 11s is an excellent choice.
It has brushed bristles to help pick up dust before they come into contact with surfaces like furniture or clothing.
The side brush is designed to pick up hair and pet fur from their favorite spots on the carpet or rug, while a rubber extension for hard-to-reach areas helps get into tight spaces like under furniture.
- Easy to use.
- The Eufy cleans better and faster and work be done faster.
- The filter is washable and reusable.
- Able to pick up pet hair from furniture or under the bed.
- It’s not the most powerful vacuum cleaner in its category, but it does what it needs to do well enough for a small home that doesn’t require much cleaning on a regular basis.
The Eufy cleans better and faster than other models. The vacuum is the loudest of all three, but it’s able to pick up pet hair from furniture or under beds with an optional accessory.”Moreover, This vacuum is the best choice for those that want a decent price and an affordable cleaning experience.
Summary for Best Vacuum for College Dorm Rooms
You must select a dorm vacuum that can be tucked away easily, consider getting one of the smallest ones on the market. A small device will save storage space and is perfect for cleaning tasks in your college-sized apartment or room.
Noisy vacuums are a nuisance in dorm rooms. Ensure the model you buy won’t bring your room down with its roar, so choose wisely! Some model’s muffles sound better than others and will be quieter for it – look into noise levels before purchase. 65dB or lower should be fine to keep things quiet around here
HEPA filters are a must when it comes to choosing the right vacuum for your dorm. Not only do they help filter out allergens such as dust, mold spores, and mites – but also make you healthier by reducing exposure! Vacuums with HEPA filtration typically cost more than those without; however, this is an investment that will pay off in the long run because health should be prioritized over anything else.
Suction power is important for dorm rooms, as the inhabitants are not always keen on taking off their shoes. Aiming to maintain a 1200-1500 watt range will help pick up all of that dirt and debris without having too much airflow which would just blow it around anyways!
Other Factors Must Also Watch Before Buying The Vacuum
A swiveling is one of the most useful features when looking for a vacuum. A larger degree of swivel means higher levels of maneuverability and makes navigating through furniture easier too.
Vacuum is required some normal accessories, such as an upholstery nozzle and crevice tool for larger items like chairs and couches, dusting brush for pet hair on the floor rug by the door.
Must select the vacuum that has an excellent rating.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is vacuuming loud in an apartment?
There are many ways to measure the noise of a vacuum cleaner, but most agree that, on average, it is louder than the HVAC system for an apartment. The noise will depend on what type of vacuum cleaner you have and how noisy your building is.
It’s important to note that vacuuming isn’t the only way to clean floors and area rugs. If achieving a quiet environment is important to you, try using mops or quickly tidying up spots with water so you won’t need to turn your vacuum on as often or at all! In addition, low-noise versions of popular vacuums are available online from brands such as Dyson and Shark. Finally, investing in soundproofing materials.
How often should I vacuum my apartment?
For once and while, only vacuum one week out of the month. Let me tell you why. The standard rule for vacuuming your home is typically two to three times per week, depending on how often you walk around in your house with shoes on (dirty!), but I recommend January and July of each year- as an experiment. If dust shows up really bad next summer, then I think it’s time we get at those floors!
Does vacuuming really clean the carpet?
Vacuuming really does clean the carpet. It’s important to note that a vacuum is only as good as the equipment. The power of your vacuum’s motor determines how well it removes dirt from carpet fibers, and the suction provided by the machine will dictate how efficiently this dirt is pulled into the hose and discharged from the system into a dustbin or bag.
In this blog post, we’ve looked at the best vacuums for college apartments. We hope that you find these reviews helpful in making your decision on what vacuum to buy for your dorm room or apartment!