Do you miss the era of desktops? Where you had to plug in the devices and get your work down right there on the spot without having to move around the space. The non-portable devices with strong hardware and multiple internal drives that last for years were then replaced by portable devices called laptops. In the world of desktops and computers, you could see one or two laptops purchased by elites to either show off or to choose comfort over money. Gradually these computers started making room for these portable devices until every single person now has a laptop in their possession.
At a Glance:
Now that notebooks are getting a run for their money, many brands have invested in making 2 in 1 laptops that is now the new trend. 2 in 1 laptop also known as detachable hybrids are devices that can act as a laptop as well as a tablet. In seconds you bend your laptop and get an all-new tablet with a keyboard that appears within just a click. These devices offer flexibility and convenience, making them ideal for traveling, especially when you’re on business and want to take everything with you.
In order for you to choose a laptop that has the right specifications needed to use it in your daily life, especially if you’re on a budget then this guide will surely help you in selecting the best within $300. So without wasting much of your time and energy, get down to learning about the best 2 in 1 laptop for just under $300. These are the following 8 2 in 1 laptop presented just for your convenience.
- Our Recommendations for Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $300
- Lenovo Chromebook C330
- Samsung Chromebook 4
- Lenovo Chromebook Duet
- Acer Chromebook Spin 311
- Acer Aspire 1
- Acer Chromebook 314
- Lenovo 100E Chromebook
- Jumper Windows 10 Laptop
- Summary for Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $300
- How to choose the best Laptop: Buying Guide
Our Recommendations for Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $300
Lenovo Chromebook C330
- This Chromebook boots up within seconds, displaying you with the most easily assessable Chrome OS.
- It has an impressive amount of memory and storage to keep you satisfied for a very long time.
- The classy appearance with the stylish design and 360 degree convertible laptop is exceptionally lightweight and quite thin to make it look like a hardback book.
- Lenovo Chromebook C330 is manufactured by keeping the comfort and accessibility of the users in mind by just logging into your Google account without setting up in any way.
- The additional advantage of having a 2-in-1 laptop such as this includes a long-lasting battery with a variety of USB ports for easy connectivity.
- The device has built-in virus protection and a camera with Bluetooth 4.2.
The winner of the best 2-in-1 laptop in the market is the Lenovo Chromebook C330. It has the look, the technology, and the price to give you the whole package of a laptop+tablet duo. Its speedy responses and hypersensitive touch will never make you waste your time by sitting and waiting for your device to respond to your touch and show you places you wish to visit. Keeping its functionalities aside, its battery life lasts for hours giving you the advantage of working as well as entertaining yourself during your spare time.
You can get excess to anything and everything within just a few clicks and get the comfort and suitability of positioning your device however you’ve always wanted.
- It is thin and lightweight for your comfort and feasibility
- The screen works quite impeccably
- It has an affordable price range
- The battery lasts for hours
- The design is ergonomic and works well for everyone
- The display might be low for your liking
Samsung Chromebook 4
- The design is very much intact with a 13.3-inch display and a lightweight to easily carry it around anywhere you would want.
- It has 4GB RAM for the smooth running of the device.
- It is simply elegant and reliable to work on, the device is durable as well.
- The Gigabite wifi provides you with an ultra-fast connection that will work wonders for you.
- It is manufactured with built-in virus protection that is safe and secure to your ultimate liking.
- The battery lasts for 12.5 hours which can be quite convenient if you are a constant worker.
If you want a Chromebook that has a reliable interior with impeccable storage and memory and many other additional features along with the most affordable price range then Samsung Chromebook 4 is the full package. You can get your work or any other daily chore done within just a few clicks here and there without wasting any of your time. This model is a little more advanced than Chromebook 3 with an easily attachable USB-C port that can send data to the device as well.
You not only get the 12.5 hours of battery usage but the added bonus of having an impressive space to store whatever important files you would want without much hassle.
- The battery life is impressive as well
- The webcam built-in is very much reliable for you
- It has 32GB of storage for your feasibility and comfort
- The only disadvantage is its inability to have a touch screen
- The device might hang if there’s too much going on at once
- It also has chunky bezels
Lenovo Chromebook Duet
- Manufactured with the advanced technology of ultra-portability, this 2-in-1 Chromebook has a flexible plug-and-play keyboard that smoothly detaches from the body.
- It has a 5-point pogo and magnet design for comfortable use.
- Its convenient design makes it easy to carry it around anywhere due to its lightweight and small size.
- The battery lasts for a very long time with 13 hours of the time range.
- The strong structure of the design with aluminum alloy coating on the tablet will be very much productive to last for a very long time.
- The 10 point touchscreen glides smoothly along your fingers giving you instant results.
The one thing that attracts you towards the beauty that is the Lenovo Chromebook Duet is its colorful display and the ability to make things easier no matter how hard they seem. With 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, the device runs smoothly without hanging or getting stuck on one thing. It might not be large like a standard laptop but the small and lightweight design for easy carrying makes up for it. The versatile properties with the tablet-like structure drag you towards its beauty.
It’s a warning that once you get your hands on it, you might never go back to a boring standard laptop with no convertible properties.
- The display is quite impressive to look at
- The battery lasts for 13 hours
- The Chromebook is lightweight and is very convenient to carry around the globe
- The chunky bezels can be very bothersome
- There isn’t an audio jack in the device
- The display might seem a little small
Acer Chromebook Spin 311
- You can smoothly get into the system by using the Chrome OS that brings places everything right on your display without you having to look for them on your device.
- It has a built-in virus and updates rapidly for your convenience.
- All the Google apps are securely present within the Chrome OS, you can pick your files out and convert them into Google docs, etc.
- Get your hands on More than 2 million apps for android that can be accessed through Google Play.
- There is 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC storage for constant downloading and functioning.
- The battery lasts for 10 hours which is more than what you would need to work with.
The Chromebook Spin is one of the best laptops to buy for under $300. It has an exceptional design with high-quality plastic that is great to look at. Once you get the hang of everything, you’ll be attached to its effortlessly running system. This system is powered by an Intel Celeron processor that not only has everything you would need to get your work done. The touchscreen might not be as responsive but the 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC, is worth all the trouble.
The strong hinge instructed to hold the laptop in place makes it convenient to mold it into any position you’re comfortable with. This way you can easily convert it into a tablet and place it on your desk to watch movies or work comfortably for hours without worrying about any damage you might cause to the device.
- It has an affordable price
- The device comes with additional accessories like a carry case to carry it around anywhere especially good for travelers
- The performance is very impressive
- The keyboard is very comfortable to work on
- The screen of IPS might not seem as bright as it should be
- The display isn’t eye-catchy
Acer Aspire 1
- The device has an impressively built Intel Celeron N4020 Dual-Core Processor that runs things within it and has a 4G DDR4 memory that works well.
- There is a 15.6-inch display which is sufficient to work with.
- The 802.11ac Wi-Fi and 4.1 Bluetooth give it the power to connect with anything at once.
- It weighs 4.1 lbs and has a battery life of 7 hours.
- The lightweight design and strong hardware system are perfect for daily tasks and every use.
- The graphics on the device is Intel UHD 600.
This is another exquisitely designed 2-in-1 laptop that you can add to your list of buying the most high-quality laptops made for your convenience. This is a compact notebook used to make notes and emails and web processing which might be convenient if you work on the go. The 15.6 inch HD display is another impressive feature that is more than you ask for, at such a low price range. The dual-core Intel processor works paired with 4GB RAM, which might be the most irresistible combination ever.
You do not get pre-installed apps but a remarkably running system built within Windows 10. The strongly capable hardware deals with everything at once by handling windows apps and the software at the same time.
- The display is very conspicuous and full HD
- It has 4GB RAM DDR4 SDRAM which helps in running the system smoothly
- The battery life is 7 hours which is more than most laptops provide
- There is a very low-end GPU
- There is no SSD present in the device
- There isn’t any keyboard backlighting which might not be great if you’re working somewhere where there’s low lighting
Acer Chromebook 314
- It has a built-in Chrome OS which gives you access to thousands of apps and other security-related sources like virus protection so that there’s no damage to the device.
- The device bots up with a few secs and updates automatically keeping you informed daily.
- The Google apps are already present within a Chromebook, this way you can convert, change or save any Microsoft word, excel file according to your convenience.
- You can download a million apps through Google play without wasting any time in looking for them.
- You can also get access to your offline files through built-in Chrome storage with a 100GB google drive.
- The battery lasts for 12.5 hours which is quite long.
- The full HD display is 14 inches and gives you a clear view of everything.
This Acer Chromebook version is one of the well-equipped 2-in-1 devices of all. It has everything from an exquisitely formed display to a dual-core Intel processor with a 4GB RAM that enables the device to attend to different daily tasks all at the same time. This might of the fastest running laptops with a speedy processor and strong hardware, you can do anything you want, be it work or school-related.
The device provides you with 64GB of internal storage with 100GB of Google Drive storage which gives you plenty of space to download or store whatever files or documents you can.
- The OS load rapidly within a few seconds
- There are two USB ports of type-C that can easily charge the device and can output data from the display port as well
- The display is manufactured keeping the right angles and view in mind
- There is a micro SD card storage expansion for your convenience
- The touchpad might not seem right to some
- Memory and storage are attached to the motherboard
Lenovo 100E Chromebook
- The lightweight and sturdy exterior can make it quite powerful in its own way, the water-resistant technology of the keyboard adds to its exceptionally strong structure.
- The design is best made for teacher-student interactions providing them with more accessible platforms to work with.
- The Chromebook has a 720p HD camera and a 2.7 lbs weight.
- It provides you with 10 hours of battery that is more than enough to learn everything within.
- The device has 4GB RAM AND 32GB eMMC TLC SSD WHICH gives you plenty of storage to save and download files.
- G Suite is a suite specifically used for the student’s use and accessibility. It is solely made the students convenience and feasibility.
Lenovo 100E Chromebook might not be considered as the most practical device in the market as it doesn’t need any gentle caring and can give a more hands-on approach to working over things. You can take it anywhere with you from your kitchen to your garage. This is possible because of its exceptional ability to be water-resistant. Gone are the days of limiting your laptop to your desk, take it into the real world and believe me, you won’t be disappointed.
Despite its low-price range, the Chromebook does, in no way, compromise on performance. This shows that it has an impressive list of features that are not only challenging but unique as well.
- The price is low
- The design is thin and sleek
- The system runs smoothly
- The battery lasts for a long time
- There isn’t a touch screen present
- The device has narrow viewing angles which makes it difficult to view the screen
- The webcam has very low-quality
Jumper Windows 10 Laptop
- It provides you with exceptional functioning abilities with a dual-core processor and multitasking experience for friendly usability.
- It has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 so that you can smoothly browse the internet and work on files without creating any hassle.
- The design is lightweight and 8mm ultra-slim which makes it look like a notebook. You can take it anywhere with you.
- The storage has 4GB DDR3 with a 64GB EMCC that can store photos as well as any file you want according to your convenience.
The Jumper has launched its own 2 in 1 laptop with incredibly well-equipped features that will demand your attention an instant. The display is 13.3 inches along with a graphic 500 core HD design for your convenience. Its processor works well with a dual horn that is great for audio while listening to songs and watching movies. The device is integrated with an Intel Celeron N3350 that runs the system smoothly without much hindrance.
The laptop is very much reliable to use for daily tasks and convenience. It works speedily and efficiently for tasks that require pure practicality like video editing etc.
- The display is manufactured quite impressively
- The laptop is lightweight as well
- The audio is a dual horn which is great for listening to songs or videos
- There is a micro SD card storage expansion for your convenience
- The battery life doesn’t last for long
Summary for Best 2-in-1 Laptops Under $300
How to choose the best Laptop: Buying Guide
Buying a laptop is a tricky business, one miss-step and you’ll never be able to go back. And choosing one that is 2 in 1 is a whole other subject you need to concern yourself with when you’re on a budget and need a fully functioning comfortable laptop+tablet so that you can take it anywhere with you. However, this can be difficult and confusing as there are hundreds of brands out there, desperate to sell their product and you can be one of their victims. In order to stop yourself from getting lost in the world of laptops, you first need to do thorough research on which 2 in 1 laptop might suit you the best. There are laptops that are low on budget and offer you the most suitable features according to the kind of use you want to make of your hybrid. They can be either portable or tablet.
Following are the features you should look for when you’re choosing to purchase a 2 in 1 laptop under $300:
This is one of the key features of a hybrid that will either make or break your deal. It is important to choose a processor that will work the best on your hybrid without creating any problems in the future. If you choose a hybrid with windows 10, make sure that the processor is Intel core m which will run the system smoothly and speedily. This way you won’t have any problem editing files or videos without the device getting hang or starting processing in between.
Now, this is another essential feature that will give a vast amount of space to do anything you want on your hybrid. If you prefer an ultra-portable hybrid then the storage capacity needs to be in accordance with that. However, this cannot be possible since the SSD is usually soldered to the motherboard. Due to this, you need to make sure that the storage is at least 32GB and at most 256GB.
Battery life is the time period when the laptop runs smoothly after being charged at a certain time. Most affordable laptops with an efficient processing system have the time frame of running for 5 to 10 hours which is great if you are always working on the go and can’t seem to be stuck in one place. This is probably the key use of laptops, they are portable and can be used anywhere without plugging them in Batteries should not be overlooked when searching for a hybrid, some brands in the market do sell batteries that are damaging on the inside. The solution to this is to let the hybrid be checked by an expert before purchasing it for use.
It is important to note whether the hybrid you’re choosing, fits into your ports. USB-C ports are one of the best when dealing with DisplayPort, power delivery, and data transfer. You can easily connect the ports to transfer files or convert them from one form to another. MicroSD is another portable USB that is best for extra space and capacity. If you come across a hybrid that runs out of space, simply connect a micSD and you’ll have some extra GBs to burn through your system.
The 3 best 2 in 1 laptops for use under $300 are Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, Samsung Chromebook 4, and lastly, the Lenovo Chromebook Duet.